Office celebrations, wedding, farewells, birthdays, and many more occasions require proper planning. You need to hire a catering service for these particular events to make them completely satisfying. Many catering companies claim to provide an extraordinary menu and perfect services to their customers. However, it is not possible to trust to hire them for an important occasion. With careful consideration and research, it is possible to find the right company for catering service.
Traits of Good Catering Company
- Food:Catering service is hired for an important reason that is the kind of food they provide. The good catering companies make sure the quality and taste of the food prepared as per the menu are high. Planning the menus, getting the recipes, transporting the food and safety are all carried out perfectly by the good companies.
- Communication skills:Decide the menu for the event after discussing it with the client. Staff of good company will suggest new ideas, understand what client wants, and persuade them to make right decisions politely.
- Cleanliness and hygiene:The quality of food produced by the catering company must be good which can ensure the safety. They must follow all the rules and regulations laid down by the Food and Drug Administration to maintain the cleanliness during the preparation of food.
- Creativity:The good company will always be prepared to present something new and unique for different kinds of events. Capable people can plan and deliver great food using their creative skills.
- Flexibility:The caterers have to deal with a lot of problems while preparing food for the event. The staff must be flexible in their approach changing the cooking style, methods, and food items.
- Attention to detail:Caterers are usually in charge of decorations, presentation of food and table arrangement. A good company ensures that along with preparation of quality and tasty food, they give attention to every detail of presenting it to impress their clients as well as guests.
- Ability to handle a specific type of event:Not all caterers can handle them so you can choose specialized caterers. Reputed and experienced caterers have the capability to handle all kinds of events.
Things to consider while Hiring Caterers
- Ask people:The best way to find the right catering companies for the event is to ask people you know those who have used the services recently. They can suggest some names that are good in business.
- Narrow down options:You can find names of caterers from friends and family, or from the internet. Then narrow them down to two to three names after taking recommendations from people.
- Get references:You can ask the companies that you have narrowed down for references. You can read the reviews of the customers on the websites. However, it might not be enough so it is wise to track the old customers and talk to them about their experience with the caterers.
- Get menu options:Ask the companies to provide you with the menu options suitable for the event. If you find it ideal and creative, then give them a chance.
- Visit the kitchen:It is important to find if the place where the food is to be cooked is clean and hygienic or not. Visiting the premises can help you get an idea on staff behavior and standard of the kitchen.
- Taste menu:Don’t just rely on the menu that the caterer will provide for the event. It is vital to schedule for sample tasting before finalizing the caterers.
- Look for availability of staff:The size of staff required to provide services at the event must be available with caterers.
- Cost:Finally, and most importantly budget is an important factor to consider before you sign contract with the catering company.